|1) Print this
2) Use (parentheses) to set off all prepositional phrases. Do not look for predicate adjectives within prepositional phrases.
3) Circle the linking verb.
4) Underline the predicate adjective.
|1. Great men are not
2. Peter and Paul were faithful (in many ways.)
3. A good name ispriceless.
4. The day iscold and dark.
5. We should bereasonable.
6. No one isgood (at this.)
7. The sword isquick and powerful.
8. The rich man iswealthy (beyond imagination.)
9. The sky grewdark (as the storm approached.)
10. His trumpet soundssqueaky.
11. This isshoddy. Isn’t it poor?
12. The hamburger tastedgreasy.
13. I becamehungry late (in the evening.)
14. The pie smelled delicious!
15. They seemedirritated (by our behavior.)
16. The ironed shirt still feltwarm.
17. She is so pretty!
18. I am feeling ill.
19. The old man was extremely lovable.
20. She remainedhaughty
(throughout the entire discussion.)
Return to Worksheet: Click
Legal & Privacy Notices