|1) Print this page.
2) Underline the subject.
3) Circle the linking verb.
4) Use (parentheses) to set off all prepositional phrases.
5) Write PN over the predicate noun
Example: Willie is a member (of the Presbyterian church.)
1. Felix Mendelssohn was a German composer.
2. Gerald Ford became President of the United States.
3. Mary seems a shy girl.
4. These men are reporters.
5. Mrs. Prevatt is a good cook.
6. My grandfather was a butcher.
7. Freckles is a famous book by Gene Stratton-Porter.
8. Opportunities are the offers of God.
9. Mark Twain’s real name was Samuel Clemens.
10. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were the first men on the moon.
11. The greatest ability is dependability.
12. Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life.”
13. William McKinley was the President of the United States during the Spanish-American War.
14. Coal is a cheap and readily available source of power.
15. William Shakespeare is the greatest
playwright in history.
Answer Sheet: Click
Legal & Privacy Notices