Egg in a Bottle
by Belinda Mooney
This is a great science experiment that you can do with the kids.
An apple juice bottle or cider bottle
A hard boiled egg
Instructions: Wash and dry the juice bottle.
- Peel the egg.
- Cut or tear the newspaper into strips.
- Place the strips into the juice bottle.
- Light the strips on fire. Adult supervision required.
- When the paper starts to burn, place the egg over the opening of the bottle.
- Wait…..keep waiting….
- The egg will be pressed inside the bottle with a loud pop!
The pressure in the bottle was reduced when the fire used up the oxygen inside. The force of the air pressure outside of the bottle, pushed the egg inside.
* For more articles by this Author Click Here
* For more articles on Grade 5 Science Click Here
* For more articles on Grade 4 Science Click Here
* For more articles on Grade 3 Science Click Here