|1) Print this page.
2) Underline the subject.
3) Circle the linking verb.
4) Use (parentheses) to set off all prepositional phrases.
5) Write PN over the predicate noun
Example: Willie is a member (of the Presbyterian church.)
1. Felix Mendelssohn was a German composer.
2. Gerald Ford becamePresident (of the United States.)
3. Mary seems a shy girl.
4. These men arereporters.
5. Mrs. Prevatt is a good cook.
6. My grandfather was a butcher.
7. Freckles is a famous book (by Gene Stratton-Porter.)
8. Opportunities are the offers (of God.)
9. Mark Twain’s real name wasSamuel Clemens.
10. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrinwere the first men (on the moon.)
11. The greatest ability isdependability.
12. Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life.”
13. William McKinley was the President (of the United States)(during the Spanish-American War.)
14. Coal is a cheap and readily available source (of power.)
15. William Shakespeare
is the greatest playwright (in history.)
Return to Worksheet: Click
Legal & Privacy Notices