|You are HERE >> History > General|
What kinds of things are we doing?
Listed below, are just a few of the projects we have done or are currently working on. Some can be used for any age, but some are for older children as my two boys are teen-agers. Most all projects require at least some adult supervision. I hope you find something that will put some excitement into learning history, for your children.
- Milk a cow- Being town folk, we had to ask around to find someone willing to teach the boys the fine art of milking. :)
- Make butter
- Make bread- You need something to put the butter on!
- Gather up a bunch of natural found objects such as nuts, twigs, leaves, shells, feathers, cornhusks etc. and make a gift for someone.
- Make a flute from a hollow twig
- Whittle a soft piece of wood into something recognizable
- Make soap
- Tan a hide.
- Make an article of clothing by hand sewing the whole thing. (Imagine making whole wardrobes without a machine!)
- Start a campfire using only a piece of flint and stone.
- Construct a bow an arrow- then make a target to see how accurate you can be with it.
walk in the woods and make plaster casts of animal tracks you
Legal & Privacy Notices