Verbs – Answer Key
List the verbs in the following sentences. Mark A for action and L for linking.
1. The mayor suggested that the boy clean Wilmington Statue for his community service project.
Suggested – A
Clean – A
2. Two friends water-skied on Lake Erie.
Water-skied – A
3. The twins, who are from the large city of Houston, are vacationing in Canada.
Are – L
Are vacationing – A
4. The teacher asked the student for his report on the country of France.
Asked – A
5. The address on the envelope was Mexico.
Was – L
6. The witness’s story is about a man in a building.
Is – L
7. The factory blew into a thousand pieces.
Blew – A
8. Mary was so excited that she ran all the way home.
Was – L
Ran – A
Return to Lesson Plan – VERBS