YOUR AD HERE
|You are HERE >> Lesson Plans > Language Arts > Grammar > Grade 9|
List the nouns in the following sentences. Mark C for common and P for proper.
1. The mayor suggested that the boy clean up Wilmington Statue for his community service project.
mayor-C boy-C Wilmington Statue-P project-C
(note: community and service are adjectives here, describing the noun "project." They are not nouns in this sentence.)
2. Two friends water-skied on Lake Erie.
friends-C Lake Erie-P
3. The twins, who are from the large city of Houston, are vacationing in Canada all next month.
twins-C city-C Houston-P Canada-P month-C
4. The teacher asked the student to report on the country of France.
teacher-C student-C country-C France-P
5. The address on the envelope clearly read Mexico.
address-C envelope-C Mexico-P
6. The witness's story was about a man fleeing from a building.
story-C man-C building-C
"witness" might be a noun in some other sentence. Here, the apostrophe
7. The factory blew into a thousand pieces.
8. Mary was so excited that she ran all the way home.
9. The journal by Hemingway was found after his death.
journal-C Hemingway-P death-C
10. Tractors are good for farming and also for young boys and girls who want to practice their driving skills.
tractors-C farming-C boys-C girls-C skills-C
<<Click Here to Return to NOUNS
Legal & Privacy Notices