YOUR AD HERE
|You are HERE >> History/Geography/Social Studies : Cross Curriculum Unit Study|
|Target Audience : Students age 7 - 14|
Unit Study: Let's
Study Ancient Egypt
Build an Egyptian Pyramid
by Belinda Mooney
January 28, 2001
are directions for building a pyramid to add to your Egypt Unit study.
a. oaktag, construction
paper, or other stiff paper cut 20 inches square
1.. On the paper, already have 7 1/2 inch square drawn
2.. Divide each side of the square in half and draw lines (as shown in figure) that extend 6 inches from the midpoints on the sides as shown. Mark these points A, B, C. and D.
3. Draw lines from each point to the corners of the square closest to it (dotted lines, figure 2). This will make four triangles with sides of equal lengths.
4. Draw fastening two tabs on the triangles that are opposite each other as shown in Figure 2. Each tab should be about 1 inch wide and 2 inches long. Draw the tabs roughly on the middle of each side.
5. Draw diagonal lines connecting the opposite corners of the base square; label each triangle 1,2,3,4.
6. Fold side up, using glue on tabs 1 and 3 to attach to 2 and 4.
7. To make base, cut 12 inch square of card- board and spread with glue and sprinkle with sand.
Glue bottom of pyramid to base.
|Submitted by: © Belinda MooneyBelinda Mooney is a homeschool mom of 7 children in their 14th year of homeschooling. She enjoys writing unit studies, reading, crafts, cooking and working on her websites. Belinda has written articles for The Toybox and Joyfull Noise magazines. She has been asked to contribute history content to Learning and Teaching Scotland for high schools in Scotland. Belinda is the content manager for learningtreasures.com, childrensrecipes.com, kidskreate.com and dinnersinthefreezer.com (coming soon). She is also the Thrifty tip guru at thrifty-tips.com. If you would like to know whenever Belinda updates any of her web sites just subscribe to her newsletter -The Family Forum http://homeschoolmom.terrashare.com/.|
* For more articles by this Author Click Here
Legal & Privacy Notices